Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

About Me

My name is Kristen and I am on my way to be a teacher. I just graduated with my teaching credential and I'm searching for a job. I spend a lot of time looking for the projects, lessons, and crafts that kids will remember for their entire life. Meaningful learning is the best kind of learning and I want to make sure I use kids' time accordingly. Their time is just as precious as ours.

I started my hunt for crafts at a young age. I was always looking for fun thinks to do with my much younger cousins when they came over to spend time at our house.

This love for finding great crafts continued to follow me after I graduated high school. I worked at two different summer camps, on two different sides of the country. I learned a lot about crafts and fun things from my camp experience. I wasn't done yet though, I had to intern at a school for two semester while an undergraduate. I loved it. It really proved to me how much I wanted to be a teacher and be around such great kids. I went back year after year, semester after semester past what I needed to, to learn more about teaching and to work with the students. Every time I stepped into the classroom I took special note of projects and activities that seemed to really capture the students' and my attention. Things that really seemed to click. I took these projects and applied it to my student teaching and the students loved it.

I'm still trying to learn more though. Just because I'm done with the credential program does not mean I'm done learning. I continue to visit classrooms around my area to learn what teachers are doing. I lend my help in my free time to multiple teachers and I love when I walk onto a campus and students get so excited to see me.

I also attend conferences and professional development to make myself a better teacher. Through these I continue to learn about different lessons and projects I can teach my students. I hope to share with you what I learned and I hope you'll share with me some great projects you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment